My name is Tessa Enright and I’m an American living in Germany. I grew up in California and moved to Arizona with my family when I was a teenager. I love the scenic grandeur of the southwest, but my new home Görlitz has won a special place in my heart. The question everyone always asks me is, “How did you end up here?”
It all started when I met a German exchange student while studying Business Marketing in Flagstaff, Arizona. To make a long story short, we moved to Dresden and got married. After a difficult two years, we returned to Arizona where I vowed to work on improving my German and went back to school to earn my Bachelor and Master in German Studies. From there I began doing language teaching and translation work.
When the opportunity arose to relocate to my husband’s hometown of Görlitz at the end of 2016, we jumped at the chance and we put down roots. Recently we finished renovating a historic house in the beautiful Nikolaivorstadt neighborhood.
I quickly fell in love with my new city and wanted to learn as much as I could about it. I have a passion for writing and photography, and so I began to research, explore and share my new home with others online.
I love Görlitz and the surrounding area and enjoy sharing that with others – I see a huge potential for attracting more visitors to our city by making it more accessible to English-speaking guests and I hope to play a role in making that happen! Since December 2016 I’ve been exploring and falling in love with my new home, Görlitz. I’m convinced you will love it, too!
What I Do
- Translations and Proofreading A good English translation takes excellent language skills, attention to detail and an awareness of how the language is used and understood by English speakers. I provide translations (DE to EN) and proofreading (EN) with an emphasis on the accuracy, tone and style of your text. Find out more about my translation services.
- English Audio Tours of Görlitz Let me take you on an audio tour to get acquainted with the old town in Görlitz! Join me for this walk that weaves the fascinating story of Görlitz’s past and present into the sights around you. I’m a native English speaker who’s fallen in love with this city, let me show you why!
- Blog My aim is to share all of the beautiful & interesting things I discover about my new home with an English-speaking audience on this site. I think you should visit this area and my posts will show you why! All texts and photos were created by me unless specified otherwise. Are you interested in collaborating or using any of the content on this site? Let’s talk!
- Shop – Unique souvenirs to remember your time in Görlitz – designed by me!
- Ich bin Görlitz – a photo / story project to introduce the people of Görlitz and their stories to the world for the 950th anniversary of the city in 2021
- English Speakers in Görlitz Meetup I started a group for English Speakers in Görlitz. We meet monthly and welcome everyone – from native speaker to English learner! To find out more, you can join our Facebook group or contact me to be added to our Whatsapp or email list.